Vitamins and minerals take an active part in all biological processes. They increase the immune defense, promote full growth and development, and stimulate metabolic processes.
For their full assimilation, nutrients must complement and enhance the action of each other, and not conflict with each other.
That is why you need to choose the right vitamin and mineral complexes, this will help eliminate poor absorption or the development of side effects.
To support vitality, prevent a number of diseases, many people prefer to use multivitamin pharmaceuticals. When choosing such supplements, it is important to take into account the compatibility of vitamins that are present in the composition of a particular supplement.
We can talk about the correct combination if 2 or more components interact with each other, while they reinforce each other’s action, having a positive effect.
When one or more nutrients are deficient, as well as when they are in excess, a person has serious health problems.
To exclude such conditions, the combination of vitamins must be correct and balanced(Vitamin compatibility).
- A and E interact well with each other, but the latter should be less, otherwise the absorption of the former is disturbed;
- B2 (riboflavin) and B6 (pyridoxine) are ideal with K;
- B12 can be combined with B5;
- P enhances the properties of vitamin C, E, B9 (folic acid);
- F enhances the properties of A, D, E, as well as group B;
- B6 (pyridoxine) and B2;
- B12 (cyanocobalamin) is recommended for use in combination with B5, B9;
- Vitamin C increases the activity of vitamin E
With the right combination, there will be a definite result that will differ from if each component is taken separately.
What vitamins cannot be combined
Good vitamin compatibility is able to meet the daily requirement of the body. If you take substances that interact poorly with each other, at best there will be no effect from such treatment, and at worst, the risk of side effects will increase.
Poor compatibility can interfere with the absorption of one or more components.
- Vitamin D cannot be combined with A, since they neutralize each other’s action;
- Vitamin B2 leads to B1 oxidation;
- Vitamin B1 when combined with B12 can cause an allergic reaction;
- Vitamin D is not absorbed when taken with vitamin E;
- Vitamin B12 eliminates the properties of C and PP;
- Vitamins A and D neutralize each other;
- Vitamins E and D must be taken separately, since the first component is poorly absorbed under the influence of another substance;
- Oxidation of vitamin B1 occurs under the influence of vitamin B2.
Many multivitamins contain substances that interact poorly with each other, but their composition is selected in such a way that it does not have a negative effect on the human body.
What microelements can and cannot be combined
Trace elements are the building blocks for many biological processes. Their compatibility is well studied, which allows many pharmaceutical companies to produce different multivitamin medicines, which contain 2 or more active ingredients.
- Iron, copper interacts with vitamin A and B2;
- Vitamin B2 enhances the healing properties of zinc, which improves the absorption of A;
- Magnesium interacts with B vitamins, with the exception of vitamin B1;
- Bromine increases the absorption of phosphorus, calcium and magnesium;
- A good combination has zinc and selenium in combination with A and E, Omega-3.
Not all minerals interact well with vitamins. Some of them interfere with the absorption of beneficial components, while others reduce their effectiveness.
There are many examples of a bad combination of organic compounds:
- Vitamin B1 is poorly compatible with magnesium and calcium;
- Iron and copper interferes with the absorption of vitamin B2;
- Vitamin B9, together with zinc, promotes the formation of insoluble compounds, which interferes with their absorption;
- Iron, copper and manganese make vitamin B12 inactive;
Vitamin C enhances the excretion of copper from the body.
In the process of producing multivitamins, the manufacturer always takes into account the permissible doses of one or another component of the supplement.
Vitamin Compatibility Chart
The table will help you become more familiar with the possible combination of useful components.
“+” – good;
“-” – bad;
“#” Is neutral.
Review of multivitamins
Foreign companies make a lot of efforts to combine several compounds in one preparation. They use a special controlled release technology, which allows them to combine incompatible components with different absorption intervals in one tablet.
Thanks to such developments, there are quite a few multivitamin complexes on the market, the main purpose of which is considered to provide a person with the daily requirement of all nutrients.
Popular are multivitamin preparations that contain a large amount of organic compounds necessary for the full functioning of the human body.
Most multivitamins have the same composition, which contains the most popular compounds:
- Vitamin A – improves vision, skin and hair condition, improves blood rheological properties;
- B vitamins – participate in metabolic processes, improve the functioning of the central nervous system;
- Vitamin C – enhances immunity;
- Vitamin D – promotes healthy growth, strengthens the skeletal system;
- Vitamin E – supports the normal functioning of the immune and nervous system;
- Vitamin F and Omega-3 fatty acids are components for the full activity of the structures of the brain and myocardium.
All of these organic compounds are present in any multivitamin medicine, but they are usually supplemented with micronutrients. The amount of each component depends on the purpose of the medicine itself: for children, adults or pregnant women.
Sometimes such complements have a medical purpose, that is, they are intended as an auxiliary therapy for a specific disease.
Food additives containing a number of useful components do not contain chemical components.
They are rich in fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins, macro- and microelements for the normal functioning of all organs and systems.
OUR TOP PICKS OF MULTIVITAMINS
Supradyn is one of the three best vitamin and mineral pharmaceutical preparations. Contains 8 vitamins and 12 trace elements.
It is recommended to use Supradyn for the treatment and prevention of vitamin deficiency, with an unbalanced diet, reduced immunity, increased physical and mental stress during the period of active growth of adolescents.
According to many doctors, Supradyn is especially effective in the spring, when nutrient reserves are depleted.
Like any other pharmacy supplements, Supradyn has some contraindications that you need to familiarize yourself with, prior to consuming it.
Its rich composition allows it to be used as a therapeutic or prophylactic agent for a number of diseases. Vitrum not only stimulates the protective properties of the body, but also improves the activity of internal organs and systems.
Regular intake of Vitrum fully provides a person with the necessary nutrients, improves the condition of hair, nails and skin, increases the body’s resistance to a large number of diseases. The tablets are taken once a day, lasting 1 month.
The instructions contain a number of contraindications and side effects that you need to familiarize yourself with before using.
The alphabet is designed in different variations for adults and children.
The uniqueness lies in the fact that the package contains tablets of 3 different colors. Each tablet contains specific vitamins and minerals and is taken at the scheduled time.
Thanks to this combination of nutrients, the risk of developing an allergic reaction or side effects against the background of incompatibility of the components is significantly reduced.
Allows you to have an antioxidant effect, improve the rheological composition of blood, and protect against various diseases.
Vitamin Compatability Wrap Up
It is quite easy to buy supplements containing all the necessary substances in a pharmacy. However, you should not take them as a “panacea”, it is important to remember that the only useful source of all vitamin and mineral components are food and a healthy lifestyle.
Vitamin preparations should not be thoughtlessly taken, as they can bring both benefits and harm.
Ideally, you need to undergo the necessary examinations, determine the deficiency of a particular component, and only then, according to a preliminary medical prescription, carry out treatment or preventive measures.
After all, self-medication can cause significant harm to health.